Friday, 28 November 2014

A busy weekend......



Time flies when you're busy.......and having fun......
I find it each week goes so quickly these days now Chris comes home weekends,  Hess been poorly.....nasty chesty cough and it made his asthma really play up!!!
So much so.....that he actually was bedded down (army speak for sick leave) so he came home to rest.
I was glad to have a chance to fuss over him for more than two days!!!

Then it was time to head back to suffolk.....sadly Chris's uncle had passed away so we were attending his burial on the Thursday,  that same day we also went to visit his daughter in hospital,  same cough cold thing flared up her asthma and she ended up staying over night to see how she got on with her breathing.
It's been all go!!!!!



I honestly don't know how we fit it all in sometimes!!!
On arriving back the following Friday,  we were met with heavy rain and a leak in the bay window roof!!!
I could have cried.....it's only just been newly felted.....grrrrrr!!!!!
Not what you need when you've just walked in.....with two boys and a set of grandparents!!!
Stiill,  it didn't last too long and the men have been out to sort it......sooooo hopefully it'll be fine......fingers crossed.....touch wood!!!!

Ido love it when Chris is home......I love to see him relaxed and enjoying our lovely house......the weekends are so short and filled with jobs.....I long for the days when when he's home permanently.....it's fair way off and I'm finding levels of patience I never had before.....

One of the things we did get sorted was buying this bit of kit......a Karcher sucky window cleaning thingy.......for all of you out there in blog land with single glazed sashes.....this could be your new best friend.......no more soggy towels and drips as you wipe away condensation......this sucks it all away.......pretty impressive let me tell you!!!!!!!

....and so the weekend came to a close......Sunday roast.....quick jolly jaunt to a craft day at Emma Bridegwater.......home.......packing......and into the car for Chris and the boys......his parents stayed an extra night with me....it was good to have the company......it's tough being here on my own.....and being away from my friends and family makes me feel lonely sometimes.....but I'm starting to get sorted with stuff......I've joined an education agency and I'm still volunteering at Ford Green Hall.....but I miss my little house and familiar stuff......I still feel like I'm a guest on holiday.....I'm thinking it's not quite clicked that I live here now.....that I need to put down roots....lol....I'm pouring my heart out here.....but I think it's good to get it off my chest.....it's not that I'm not happy.....I am...but I'm finding the adjustment a little more tricky than I thought....but then moving house/area/job would do that and I've had a lot of changes in my life.....so I'm thinking I'm being g a bit tough on myself......ok.....time to get stuff done and off to the Hall,  doing something with pomanders today......should be fun!!!

Love 
Melxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment